Relax and enjoy your stay...
We make available to our guests, without any additional fee:
• A gorgeous open-air swimming pool ( 8 x 16 m) from where the view of Assisi can be enjoyed; equipped with showers, sun umbrellas, sunbeds and towels.
• Bicycles for riding around the countryside.
• A gym, small but fully equipped; table tennis and table soccer; and a special playground for the young ones.
• An orchard with a brick barbecue area, for organizing open-air lunches and dinners in perfect serenity and calm.
• The Column Hall: this area used to be a stable; with authentic columns and manger, now decorated with plants. The hall, equipped with a fireplace taken from an old palace, as well as armchairs, sofas and a gaming table is intended as a lounge for the guests to spend time together or simply enjoy a glass of wine before dinner.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in all areas.
Upon demand (*) we can organize for you:
• Guided visits in Umbria, in the company of an expert art historian; you will be able to visit Assisi, Perugia, Gubbio, Bevagna, Montefalco,Spello, Spoleto and many more marvelous arts places.
• Guided visits to cities located in nearby regions: Florence, Siena, Rome, etc. Your guide will join you the evening before at La Fornace and tell you more about the places you are going to visit.
• Horseback rides in the countryside near Spello or the Subasio mountainside, thanks to a partnership with a prestigious equestrian center a few kilometers away from Fornace.
• Courses in local cuisine, so that you can enjoy the simple and fragrant Umbria meals at home.
(*) paid services
In the small dining hall next to an ancient oven or in open air under the stars, our chef prepares delicious dishes based on wholesome local zero-kilometer recipes.
Our prices are absolutely competitive; and guests can also use the half-board option".
** il ristorante è sempre aperto nell’alta stagione e nei weekend negli altri periodi.
The Swimming Pool
An open-air swimming pool surrounded by greenery is a wonderful oasis in which to take shelter during the hottest hours of the day. Or relax, after a day spent around the city or trekking about the Umbria countryside.
Then there is the view! Assisi – the fabulous Assisi – rising right there, in front of you, in full attire of light and color: so close, that you can almost touch it. As you lie on a comfortable couch and admire the vines all around, you can sample a glass of the La Fornace wine that we’ll offer you at sunset, while you wait for the dinner.
(*) servizi a pagamento
Weddings, reception parties or even casual gatherings
Surrounded by nature and silence, and thanks to its unique atmosphere, La Fornace can become the ideal venue for holding an unforgettable wedding. You can also have your wedding at Assisi or at the charming Borgo di Tordibetto nearby.
At the old barnyard or on the grass meadows under the centuries-old trees or at the Hall of Columns...
you’ll be spoilt for choice.
And we’re not talking about weddings or engagement or baptismal parties:
why not book the entire venue – or parts of it – and spend a few sweet days in the company of your friends or family?Actually, some American friends of ours and La Fornace enthusiasts have already done so: captivated by Umbria’s rich artistic heritage and the friendliness of the people here as well as – let’s say it – its delicious food and wine, they have organized gatherings like these more than once.